In Case You Missed It…..
Interesting Food Facts about Cheese Fondue
- The melted cheese dish known as fondue is Swiss in origin.
- Cow herders, who had long winters with few provisions, invented the dish.
- Other nationalities have similar recipes involving things like creamy eggs.
- The way the Swiss dish obtained a French name is a mystery, though there is a powerful influence of French language speakers in Switzerland even today.
- The Swiss nobles liked the dish so much that they adapted it from its humble beginnings to make it a dish of the nobility.
Fondue became popular in the U.S. during the mid-1960s after American tourists discovered it in Switzerland.
Over 100 varieties of cheese fondue exist, each with a unique name and different blend of cheeses, wine and seasoning.
Tradition states that if bread falls off a woman’s fork and into the pot she must kiss her neighbor. If a man drops…
View original post 140 more words